If you have lost access to your BTC.com wallet, don’t worry! With the backup document of your wallet, you can always recover the Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash which are in it.
We strongly recommend you to do the recovery process on a desktop computer and not on your mobile device, on mobile it can take very long to recover.
Choose which currency you want to recover, and visit the dedicated recovery website:
For BTC, go to https://recovery.blocktrail.com
For BCH, go to https://bch-recovery.btc.com
Next, click “Begin Recovery”
- Click ‘Forgot password’ to open the recovery form
- Import your data from the backup PDF
Input your backup data in the appropriate boxes. Your backup data can be found on your backup PDF document, which you generated when you created your wallet. We recommend to use “Import from Backup” in the upper-right corner for convenience. Alternatively, you can fill out the following fields manually.
- Wallet version: Check if you have a V2 or V3 wallet.
- Encrypted Primary Seed
- Backup Seed
- Encrypted Recovery Secret
- Wallet password: Either enter your wallet password, or select “Forgotten password?” beneath the Wallet Password box. Input your account email and your wallet identifier, which is on the first page of your PDF backup. Click “Request Decryption Key.” The key will be sent to your email address. Input this key into the Wallet Password box of the Recovery Tool.
- Blocktrail Public Key: Scan the QR code on your backup PDF. You can use the front camera of your laptop.
- Set Key Index to 0
3. You will be taken to the ‘Configure Recovery Settings’ page.
If you have had your wallet for a relatively long time (or have used it frequently), increase the batch size so the scan will include more potentially balance-holding addresses. Click “Next.”
4. You will be taken to the Discover Wallet Funds page. Here, you will be able to scan to recover funds from addresses in your wallet. Click “Begin Discovery” and wait for the scan to complete. The scan will alert you to funds found. Click “Next.”
5. If funds are found, click “Begin Recovery.”
6. When your Bitcoin/ Bitcoin Cash has been recovered, choose to publish your recovery transaction via Blocktrail or Insight. Either option can publish your transaction on the network.
7.Provide a new address which will receive your coins after recovery. This has to be an address you have access to, as this is where your coins will be sent to. Please make sure to choose a valid Bitcoin address for Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin Cash.
The following tutorial, also shows how to proceed and complete the recovery: https://youtu.be/ES8mFbyPY2U